From board members to youth sports coaches to smiling greeters, volunteers are the heart of the Y. Hundreds of business leaders, community members, parents, teens, and so many more dedicate their time and talent to strengthening their local community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
Becoming a volunteer allows individuals to give back and learn something about themselves in the process. The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Get involved today.
Ways to Help
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
For more information visit your branch Welcome Center.
Volunteer work is conditional on availability of role as well as completion of volunteer application, satisfactory reference checks, cleared background check, Child Abuse Prevention Training and any other role applicable trainings that may be required.