YMCA of Snohomish County Kicks Off 2023 Annual Campaign
Everett, WA. February 17, 2023 – The YMCA of Snohomish County kicked off the 2023 Annual Campaign last week with events at all six branches, inspiring volunteers to campaign on behalf of the Y. This year’s fundraising goal of $1.3 million provides financial assistance so all in the community can access YMCA programs and services.
“We have a large goal because there is a large need,” said Peyton Tune, President and CEO, YMCA of Snohomish County. “We have assembled a phenomenal team of staff and volunteers who are ready to tackle the goal, allowing everyone in our community access to the Y.”
This year’s campaign commitment focuses on six major initiatives, including:
· Caring for our Children: Quality, reliable child care is critical to youth development, working families, and healthy communities.
· Environmental Education: The Y’s approach to outdoor education through camp is centered on nurturing the potential of youth through experiences that build life skills, encourage exploration, and develop a sense of belonging.
· Academic Achievement, Youth Leadership, and Mentoring: The Y is investing in the expansion of our affiliation with Big Brothers Big Sisters by establishing program centers and supporting mentoring relationships through all branch locations.
· Team Work, Camaraderie, and Fun for ALL Youth: The Y is committed to ensuring all youth have equity of opportunity through our adaptive sports programs, Miracle League Baseball and Stingrays Swim Team.
· Water Safety and Progressive Swim Skills: The Y teaches children and adults one of the most important life skills they can learn: how to swim and be safe around the water.
· Well-being and Connection: The Y is where active older adults are able to reestablish community by returning to an engaged and active lifestyle.
Additionally, all Snohomish County middle and high school students eligible for the public school Free or Reduced Lunch Program are provided a significantly reduced-cost annual YMCA membership. All funds raised during Annual Campaign directly benefit the YMCA of Snohomish County and its programs and services.
Matt Reinhard, Chair of the Board of Trustees, supports the campaign because of how important the Y is to his family and community. “I’ve seen first-hand the amazing transformations that YMCA programs provide youth in our community, including development of self-esteem, confidence, and social skills,” he said. “The Y, through Annual Campaign, allows all in our community access to programs and services regardless of ability to pay.”
To learn more about the 2023 Annual Campaign, please visit ymca-snoco.org/give.