Prevent the Spread of Germs & Viruses
Dear Y Family,
At the YMCA of Snohomish County, we take the health and safety of our members, staff, and community very seriously. On a regular basis, our Association Senior Staff meet to discuss efforts to improve and ensure that your YMCA experience is a positive one.
Given the current additional and appropriate attention on reducing the spread of germs and viruses, we want you to know that the YMCA of Snohomish County receives and responds to public health updates provided by our Snohomish County Health Department, and our staff monitor information issued by national entities regarding reducing and preventing the spread of germs and viruses.
In our on-going effort to support your personal health and well-being, each of our six branches have the following established practices:
- Hand sanitizer stations are available at each branch.
- Routine cleaning and disinfecting of doorknobs, equipment, handles, weights, etc.
- Members are asked to clean equipment surfaces AFTER use.
- Pools are highly chlorinated and our aquatics staff monitor chemical levels frequently to ensure chemicals are balanced.
- Pool decks, steam rooms, and saunas are thoroughly cleaned at the end of each day.
- Locker rooms, showers, and restrooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at the end of each day.
- Childwatch and Adventure Zone spaces are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at the end of each day.
- We also take steps to ensure our staff members’ health and self-care are a priority.
With the extended flu season and as a proactive response to the potential for additional germs and viruses in our region, your YMCA staff teams will be even more diligent with our efforts to keep everyone healthy and safe.
Starting today, we will be:
- Increasing the frequency of which we clean equipment and facility spaces.
- Adding more disinfectant spray bottles and cloths for member-use.
- Increasing in-facility signage encouraging everyone to wash their hands with soap and warm water or use the alcohol based hand sanitizers – which we will keep stocked and readily available.
Ensuring everyone’s health and safety requires all of us to do our part. As members of the YMCA family, we encourage you to do your part by:
- Cleaning equipment surfaces BEFORE AND AFTER use with the spray bottles and clean cloths provided throughout the wellness areas.
- Cleaning mats, cycle seats, and other surfaces you have touched BEFORE and AFTER your workout with a clean towel and the disinfectant spray provided.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the restroom, after your workout, before eating, and after blowing your nose or covering your sneezes and coughs.
As a member of our Snohomish County community, we remind you to:
- Stay home when you are sick or not feeling well; coughing, sneezing, and/or higher than normal temperature.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Encourage family, friends, and neighbors to take part in these practices.
- Alert staff members if our supplies of hand sanitizer, soap, or cleaning spray is low.
Here at the Y, we believe our communities are stronger when we come together. When we work together we can keep our families, friends, and neighbors safe and healthy. As we lead the efforts to keep our facilities safe and clean, we hope that you join us and help prevent the spread of germs in our facilities and in our community.
If you have any questions regarding our efforts, please contact your local Snohomish County YMCA branch.
Association Office 425 740 9622
Big Brothers Big Sisters 425 252 2227
Everett YMCA 425 258 9211
Marysville YMCA 360 653 9622
Mill Creek YMCA 425 337 0123
Monroe YMCA 360 805 1879
Mukilteo YMCA 425 493 9622
Stanwood-Camano YMCA 360 629 9622
For more information on Virus & Risk Prevention, please visit these health organizations:
Snohomish County Health District
Washington State Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Coronavirus Information)
WA State Department of Health novel coronavirus call center: 1 800 525 0127