The Everett Family YMCA has been a cornerstone in the greater Everett community since it was founded in 1901. Rebounding after the fire in 1920 and undergoing two major additions in 1960 and 1980, the Everett Y has continuously served the community for more than 115 years.
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities. This is a time of great opportunity as we look forward to serving this community for the next 150 years!
What elements will be included in the new Y?
The new 60,000 square-foot, LEED Silver, multi-story facility will include:
- Electric Vehicle Parking: Seven Chargepoint Stations to charge your electric Vehicle.
- Aquatic Center: A fully-accessible aquatic facility offering skill-building, recreational, water safety, and competitive swim programs for people of all ages and abilities with a 6-lane lap/instructional pool with starting blocks and a leisure pool featuring zero entry and a lazy river.
- Wellness Studios: More than 120 group exercise classes per week. Included with membership.
- Indoor Track: 18.8 laps around the top of the gym makes a mile.
- Gymnasium: A full-sized gymnasium will provide space for all ages to play a variety of indoor sports and enjoy youth and adult sports leagues. Basketball, Volleyball and Pickle Ball Courts.
- Healthy Living Center: Enjoy the latest cardiovascular and strength training equipment to help you reach your fitness goals and participate in a wide variety of group exercise classes in our exercise studios.
- Inter-Generational Community Center: A central hub to provide our youth with caring, positive adult role models, and our seniors with a space to gather and connect with one another.
- Adventure Zone & Child Watch: Children ages 6 weeks to 7 years have fun while parents use the facility. Included with membership.
- Community Kitchen: Good nutrition is a foundation to healthy living. Our community kitchen will support programs that create awareness about the importance of healthy eating, and help build culinary skills and confidence for lifelong healthy habits.
- Community Room: Available for meetings, birthday parties, group gatherings, and community building.
- Additional Amenities:Locker rooms and individual changing rooms, Multi-purpose rooms, Fireside lounge, Cycle Studio, Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentoring Center, Providence Physical Therapy Clinic
When is the new Y going to be open?
We broke ground on June 9, 2018 and construction is currently underway. Grand opening is currently planned for late November, and open for business December 1, 2019.
When can I buy a membership?
Right now! We are offering a joining special for our Charter Members (new members who purchase memberships between August 1-November 27) beginning on August 1.
You have the option to join now and become a Facility Member to use the current Everett YMCA along with our 5 other Snohomish County Locations. You may also join now, and delay your monthly dues until our grand opening on December 1, 2019.
What programs will be offered at the new Everett YMCA?
The Everett YMCA will continue to offer a suite of programs and activities that our members know and love. This includes:
- Group Exercise
- Water Fitness and Swim Lessons
- Healthy Living Programs: Diabetes Prevention, Cancer Survivors, Pedaling for Parkinson’s, Weight Loss, Arthritis/Chronic Conditions, Youth Obesity Prevention
Teen Programs & Recreation
- My Achievers Program
- Family Programs
- Youth Sports
- Personal Training
- Summer Programs
- School-Age Care
- Volunteer Opportunities