We know that when we work together, we move individuals, families and communities forward. The Y responds to society’s most pressing needs by developing innovative, community-based solutions to help those in need to reach their full potential. We are also committed to inspiring a spirit of service by uniting individuals from all walks of life to participate in and work for positive social change. The Y.™ For a better us.
Make a difference today!
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens, and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. In 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide, including Snohomish County, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive personal and social change. Y volunteers give men, women, and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected, and secure.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Board of Directors and branch committees.
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community through our Annual Campaign.
- Motivate and support youth through coaching our sports teams and teaching many of our classes.
- Make a difference in a child’s future by assisting staff and supporting children in child care and academic enrichment programs.
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier through healthy living programs.
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors through food drives, community events and more!
- Solar panels
- Energy conserving lights
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- more details coming soon.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters – Since its inception, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As part of the nation’s largest donor- and volunteer-supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Snohomish County makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”), ages 6 through 18. We develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people. Big Brothers Big Sisters is always in need of mentors, learn more here.A home in the new Everett Family YMCA means stability and permanency for our staff and our families, and will allow us to concentrate on our important work: serving the county’s most vulnerable youth. Partnering with the YMCA will demonstrate how two non-profits can work closely and effectively together to serve and impact the community in a positive way.
- The City of Everett – We welcome all city residents to experience the fantastic aquatic center during our open times at a discounted rate. The city is building a park in the area behind our Y, and it is scheduled to open in 2020.
- Everett School District – Everett High School Swim Teams are currently practicing at our facility each weekday after school, and will begin swim meets in the Fall during the 2020-2021 school year. Outside of our facility, we provide before & after school care at local elementary schools.
- Providence Health & Services – Partnerships are an important part of serving our community. The Y and Providence Health & Services have both been supporting community health and wellbeing for more than 100 years. Creating a partnership to improve health care quality and access to care seemed a natural fit!This 1,900 square foot clinic provides innovative, community based physical therapy services. The clinic is staffed by Providence Health & Services. Along with their clinical equipment, the patient and their therapist will have access to the pool and track to support their services. Having Providence Health & Services in our facility makes it convenient for patients to take part in programs and services available at the Y. This partnership is a true resource to the community bringing the Y closer to the people we serve.
Energy Efficient Building
The Everett YMCA was built as a green building.
The Everett YMCA is a LEED Silver building, including:
Working together to serve Everett.
The Everett YMCA was built to serve Everett in every way possible. To do this, we all work together for positive outcomes.