At the Y, we are for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. We are dedicated to ensuring our facilities, programs and services are open and welcoming to all. In that spirit, we are proud to offer our members access to YMCA across the United States that participate in Nationwide Membership. Through Nationwide membership, YMCA members can access not just their home Y, but 2,700 Y facilities across the country in 10,000 communities.
Always Welcome…In Every Community
Nationwide Membership enables our members to visit any participating YMCA in the United States, outside of the Snohomish County area, gaining access with your home Y membership at no extra charge. Nationwide Membership makes it easier for our members to achieve your wellness goals.
What You Need to Know
• Visit ymca.net before you travel to make sure the Y you intend to visit participates in Nationwide Membership. More than 2500 Y locations participate.
• You must have an active membership to be eligible for Nationwide Membership.
• On average, at least 50% of your visits must be to your Home YMCA (the local association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
• If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold or cancel it, and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
• If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
• Most YMCAs require a photo ID for all visitors. Please bring a photo ID with you for a seamless customer experience.
• You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations.