|Youth Sports Referee|
|Everett YMCA, Mill Creek YMCA, Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA, Mukilteo YMCA, Stanwood-Camano YMCA|
|$15.00-$16.25 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Weeknights & Saturdays; Available for shifts between 4:30-9pm (weeknights) and 8am-4pm (Saturday)|
Education & Experience
• Minimum 16 years of age
• Previous officiating experience preferred
• Current CPR Adult and Child and First Aid, or be willing to obtain
• General knowledge of recreation sports programs and equipment
• Must have willingness and desire to work with children and adults
• Must be available to work Saturdays from 8:00am to 4:00pm, as well as some weekdays from 4:30pm to 9:00pm
• Travel may be required throughout Snohomish County
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you!
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Under the supervision and guidance of the Sports Director or Coordinator, the Sports Referee is responsible for officiating youth, teen or adult sporting events including, but not limited to: basketball, soccer, flag football, volleyball, etc. This position requires individuals to monitor play, ensure safety of all coaches and participants. Provide direct supervision of participants in a safe, enjoyable, positive and inclusive environment that welcomes participants of all skill and activity level. Provide a quality experience to participants focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
Employee will be expected to referee sports games, keeping participants safe and the games under control. This position also requires referees to act professionally and to serve as role models for the participants. Referees are required to wear referee jerseys when working a game. This position also requires that referees communicate with adult coaches to ensure games start in a timely manner. All employees of the YMCA including referees are expected to uphold the four core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Preferred candidates will official multiple sports/season and is committed to provide a quality experience to participants.
• Provide safe supervision of participants
• Implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values
• Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Develop and maintain positive effective relationships with our diverse members, participants and other staff
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE YMCA family membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
425 374 5731
Apply online via link below.Apply Now