|Youth Development Coordinator|
|Mill Creek YMCA|
|Youth & Teen|
|$15.55-$17.49 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week; occasional evenings & weekends for training or events as needed|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 21
• One year or more experience as a coordinator or supervisor of programs
• Basic computer skills/knowledge required
• Fluency in second language preferred
• Pre-employment current driver abstract required
• Minimum two years driving experience with clean driving record.
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Develop, organize, and implement high quality YMCA programs for our diverse participants. Programs include but are not limited to Youth Sports, Camps, Youth and Government, Leaders Club, Youth and Teen Recreational Programs, and YMCA Adventure Guides, as well as community events. Working in program ratio at least 75% of time, creating a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Manage, direct and coordinate programs for assigned location(s)
• Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct personnel and volunteers as needed
• Review and evaluate staff performance, develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals
• Ensure program operates within budget and that program fees are collected
• Assure compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas
• Ensure YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed
• Provide for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment
• Maintain relationships with parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs
• Maintain proper records/department files
• Organize special events for participants
• Assist in YMCA fund raising activities
• Assist with Program Committee meetings
• Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information
• Compile program statistics
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program
• Performs other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
425 357 3034
Submit application via link below.
Next, email Cover Letter & Resume to:
Youth & Teen Program Director
with "Youth Development Coordinator" in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.