|$16.50-$17.63 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Must be available Monday-Friday, 3:30-6:30pm and Saturday, 9am-noon|
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
• Minimum age 16
• Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards
• Current First Aid, CPRPRO, AED and O2 certifications
• Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques
• Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child (50 pounds)
• YMCA Swim Instructor certification or equivalent preferred
• Fluency in second language desired
Provide direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes/programs.
• Instruct swimming lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly
• Develop and maintain positive effective relationships with our diverse members, participants and other staff
• Provide motivational support and guidance
• Encourage member and parent involvement and recruit potential volunteers
• Convey information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers members and participants to other programs
• Maintain records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.)
• Know, review, and follow all emergency procedures and respond to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures, complete related reports as required
• Organize and puts away needed class equipment, report damaged equipment
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE YMCA family membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
425 493 2405
Apply online via link below.Apply Now