|Seasonal - Camp runs June 21-September 2 (trainings start before camp)|
|$16.50-$18.63 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, 20-40 hours per week, shifts/hours will vary between 6:30am-6:30pm|
|Preferred Start Date: June 1, 2022|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 18
• Able to complete and provide documentation of all certification and training requirements within 30 days of hire.
• Ability to plan, lead, and participate in a range of activities in a variety of indoor/outdoor settings.
• Desire and ability to work with children in a camp setting
• fully vaccinated for COVID-19*
*medical or religious exemptions may be possible
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you! The YMCA is hiring staff with all the above, plus imagine the lives you will impact in the process.
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
YMCA Camps provide youth the opportunity to learn new skills, gain an appreciation for the outdoors, and explore the Puget Sound area, while experiencing achievement, relationships, and belonging. Camp Counselors provide direct supervision of a group of children in a seasonal day camp, and ensure a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring, through leading and participating in activities, games, and implementing camp curriculum.
• Actively supervise and provide safe supervision of a group of diverse children
• Implement camp program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values in order to meet the intended child outcomes
• Be a positive role model to children and staff in your attitude and actions
• Interact and engage with children in an age and developmentally appropriate manner, and use positive behavior guidance techniques
• Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Maintain positive relations with parents and other staff
• Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their children to have a successful camp experience
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
360 572 3399
Apply online via link below.Apply Now