|Camp Lead/Mini Bus Driver|
|Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA|
|Seasonal - Camp runs June 21-September 2 (trainings start before camp)|
|$18.50-$20.88 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, up to 40 hours per week, shifts/hours will vary between 6:30am-6:30pm|
|Preferred Start Date: June 1, 2022|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 21
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by DCYF (if licensed program)
• Provide document of all certification and training requirements established by DCYF, including position prerequisites, current negative TB test, and portable background check (if licensed program)
• Pre-employment current driver abstract required (available online through Dept of Licensing)
• Minimum two years driving experience with clean driving record
• Possess appropriate license with knowledge of the rules/guidelines related to commercial passenger vehicles
• Experience with and ability to plan, organize, and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc.
• fully vaccinated for COVID-19*
*medical or religious exemptions may be possible
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you! The YMCA is hiring staff with all the above, plus imagine the lives you will impact in the process.
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Camp Leads provide direct supervision of a group of diverse children in a seasonal day camp, support and lead camp counselors during off site trips and in implementing curriculum, and ensure a safe, quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring, through leading and participating in activities, games, and implementing camp curriculum. As Mini Bus Driver, provide safe transportation to and from program sites and field trip destinations while maintaining a supportive and positive atmosphere.
• Plan and implement camp activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values in order to meet the intended child outcomes
• Be a positive role model to children and staff in your attitude and actions
• Actively supervise a group of children
• Provide supervision for campers while campers are transported to and from camp or during scheduled field trips off of camp property
• Drive safely according to YMCA policies and procedures and state laws
• Ensure occupants, belongings and YMCA vehicle contents are adequately secured at all times
• Perform and record all checklist and maintenance responsibilities as required using approved forms including self-audits to ensure compliance with YMCA of Snohomish County safety requirements
• Ensure first aid, safety and emergency supplies are fully stocked at all times with documentation of inventory and immediate replacement of missing supplies
• Ensure that bus rules are posted, announced and followed
• Interact and engage with children in an age and developmentally appropriate manner, and use positive behavior guidance techniques
• Assist in leading camp staff in supervision and safety of campers and filed trip logistics
• Actively participate in all aspects of Summer Camp
• Communicate regularly with parents and other staff members to ensure child safety
• Strictly follow all attendance and child accountability procedures
• Maintain positive relations with parents and other staff
• Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their children to have a successful camp experience
• Maintain materials, equipment, and program facility in accordance with YMCA standards and host expectations
• Maintain required program records
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Comply with state and local regulations as well as YMCA standards and procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
360 804 2176
Apply online via link below.Apply Now