|Senior Staff Accountant|
|$65,000-$70,000 per year/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, 40 hrs/week; some evenings & weekends required for trainings or events|
|Open Until Filled|
Education & Experience
• Three+ years’ experience in an accounting office, knowledge of, and expertise with, computerized accounting systems and standard business software
• Understanding of accounting concepts and applications, college degree in business preferred
• Current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws
• Be able to work independently; have excellent organizational, time management and decision making skills; and the flexibility to change priorities as required
• Must meet absolute deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including positive interaction with staff and community leaders
• Be able to speak, write, and understand English clearly and concisely; and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Ability to maintain confidential information while dealing with proper discretion
• Satisfactory credit background check is required due to access to bank information, payment processing and position of trust
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Provide support in managing accounting functions, including cash receipts, credit card/bank drafting, payroll, and accounts payable for the association. Respond to staff, members, and participants on billing and payments. Administers approved accounting policies and procedures throughout the YMCA. Ensures preparation of journal entries for complete and accurate monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP. Assists in the preparation of the operating budget.
• Support Accounts Payable with coding and general accounting assistance
• Process all bank draft returns & distribute, submit to 3rd party letter service
• Reconcile all payment gateway reports with End of Shifts
• Reconcile daily End of Day reports for all branches
• Update and monitor membership and child care receivable aging reports
• Collections-update paid accounts daily working with 3rd party services
• Import cash distribution to general ledger
• Assist in standard month-end and year-end closing journal entries and the preparation of statements and reports
• Update/distribute monthly bank draft reports
• Perform bank reconciliations
• Assist in budgeting and forecasting processes
• Assist and/or prepare supporting schedules for audits
• Assist payroll administration including maintaining records and related systems
• Performs other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Apply online via link below.
Next, send Cover Letter, Resume, & three professional references to:
Chief Financial Officer
with 'Senior Staff Accountant' in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.