|School-Age Child Care Lead|
|$18.50-$20.88 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, split shift: 6:30-9am and/or 3-6:30pm (varies by branch/program)|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 18
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by DCYF (Dept of Children, Youth and Families)
o Have a high school diploma or equivalent;
o Have completed twelve college credits in any one hundred-level or above college coursework, or complete twelve college credits within five years of employment.
• Complete and provide documentation of all certification and training requirements established by DCYF, including position prerequisites, current negative TB test, fully vaccinated for COVID-19/MMR/other required vaccinations*, and portable background check
• Plan, organize, and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming
• Fluency in second language preferred
*medical or religious exemptions may be possible
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you! The YMCA is hiring staff with all the above, plus imagine the lives you will impact in the process.
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Provide direct supervision of a group of children in a before and after school age program. implement program curriculum in a safe, enjoyable, positive and inclusive environment.
• Implement daily lesson and activity plans in culturally relevant and developmentally appropriate ways.
• Actively supervise a group of children to ensure their health and safety and to provide for a positive experience for each child.
• Support children in learning social-emotional skills for a successful future.
• Professionally communicates day-to-day, confidential and evaluative information with parents/guardians.
• Actively participate in continuous improvement planning through program quality initiatives.
• Maintain materials, equipment, and program facility
• May prepare and serve snacks. Cleans snack area.
• Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE YMCA family membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
425 312 6960
Apply online via link below.Apply Now