|Interim School-Age Care Program Coordinator (Internal Candidates Only)|
|Mill Creek YMCA|
|$23.00-$24.00 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, must be available between 6:30am-6:30pm|
|Preferred start date: April 18, 2022|
Education & Experience
This is an Interim position, lasting from approximately April 18-June 17, 2022.
• Minimum age 21
• One or more years’ related experience supervising staff and managing school age care programs
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by DCYF (Dept of Children, Youth and Families)
o Have a high school diploma or equivalent;
o Complete thirty college credits in any one hundred-level or above college coursework or equivalent;
o Have completed at least twelve college credits in any one hundred-level or above college coursework or equivalent AND complete an additional eighteen college credits in any one hundred-level or above coursework or equivalent within five years of employment
• Provide document of all certification and training requirements established by DEL, including position prerequisites, current negative TB test, and portable background check
• Plan, organize, and implement high quality, culturally relevant, and developmentally appropriate programming
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Basic computer/typing skills and demonstrated ability to utilize standard office software
• Fluency in second language desired
Direct the development and operations of the school age care program(s) in the assigned locations as directed meeting the needs of our diverse community. Fulfill all responsibilities of all school age care positions while working in program ratio. Ensure a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Hire, train and on-board school age care site staff/volunteers in accordance with YMCA and state regulations. Is responsible for program site staffing. Maintains required staff/child ratios.
• Manage, direct, coordinate and ensure high quality child care program(s) through innovative program development and evaluation for assigned location(s)
• Expand and establish new program activities within the community in accordance with strategic and operation plans
• Compliance with state and local regulations in addition to YMCA standards and procedures
• Train, evaluate and supervise assigned staff and volunteers, including ensuring required are completed
• Ensure compliance with state and local regulations in addition to YMCA program standards and procedures
• Provide for upkeep of assigned program facilities, equipment and ensure all safety standards are met
• Maintain relationships with state child care licensing agency, school administration, parent/guardian groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs
• Provide staff leadership for annual campaign, committees and activities as assigned
• Maintain proper records, statistics and department files
• Assist with family communication and volunteer development through the organization of special events and attendance at Program Committee Meetings
• Ensure sufficient marketing and distribution of program information and materials that meet YMCA standards
• May assist with budget development and manage and control department expenses
• Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
425 224 8042
Submit application online via link below.Apply Now