|Member Engagement Lead|
|Mill Creek YMCA|
|$15.50-$17.12 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 18
• First Aid, CPRPRO, AED, O2 and Child Abuse Prevention required within 30 days of hire
• Previous customer service, sales or related experience
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you! The YMCA is hiring staff with all the above, plus imagine the lives you will impact in the process.
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
• Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Ability to exercise sensitivity in dealing with individuals of diverse socio-economic backgrounds, cognitive and physical abilities as well as individuals of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Ability to coach and lead staff
• Basic computer skills/knowledge required
• Fluency in second language desired
Deliver quality service to our diverse members, guests, and program participants. Respond to member and guest needs, promote memberships and programs, maintain cleanliness and organization of the Welcome Center and other areas of the facility. Provide direction for the Welcome Center and staff. May create staff schedules and provide department administrative support as needed.
• Provide direction for the front desk and staff. May create staff schedules and provide department administrative support as needed. Deliver excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants.
• Provide excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the branch and on the phone, contributing to member retention
• Respond to member and guest needs, promote memberships and programs, and maintain cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
• Interview prospective members; sell memberships
• Build relationships with members; help members connect with one another and to the YMCA
• Handle and resolve membership concerns and inform supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues
• Apply all YMCA policies dealing with member services
• Hand out and launder towels; monitor the locker rooms and adhere to other safety guidelines as required
• Ensure proper implementation of front desk procedures
• Train membership representatives to effectively and accurately use constituent software
• Review and update desk procedures and communicate changes to staff
• Coordinate with the business office as necessary on financial transactions
• Maintain required program records
• Attend and participate in staff meetings, and staff training
• Completion of YMCA specific training/certifications as directed
• Perform other duties as assigned
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
425 337 0123
Apply online via link below.Apply Now