|Youth & Teen|
|$15.50-$17.12 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|20-25 hours/week available|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 18, 21 preferred
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Ability to coach and lead staff
• Ability to plan, organize, and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming
• Supervise youth and activities in program area
• Basic computer skills/knowledge required
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
• First Aid, CPRPRO, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire
• Work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions
• Fluency in second language preferred
The position will support the Teen Center in addition to the My Achievers Program (MAP), the YMCA signature youth development program designed to eliminate the achievement gaps for students who face daily challenges due to racial/ethnic barriers, immigration status and socio-economic factors. Our ultimate goal is to prepare youth for life beyond high school. The program focuses on Identity Development, Academic Success, College and Career Readiness, Civic Engagement and is centered in a social justice youth development framework. Create a safe, culturally responsive and positive atmosphere that promotes safety and engagement for our youth in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures. Provide leadership and direction for the program and staff. May create staff schedules and provide department administrative support as needed.
• Supervise youth/teen participants and implement all curriculum/program activities
• Maintain effective relationships with youth of diverse backgrounds, staff and school administration
• Design and implement culturally responsive activity plans
• Provide department administrative support & maintain required program records
• Administer a pre- and post-program evaluation
• Maintain program site and equipment
• Meet regularly with school district liaisons
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE YMCA family membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
• Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
360 629 9622
Apply online via link below.Apply Now