|Health & Wellness Director|
|Health & Wellness|
|$52,744-$58,540 per year/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Full-Time/Exempt: schedule varies, may include evenings and weekend events as necessary|
|April 15, 2022|
Education & Experience
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• One year or more previous direct supervisory experience
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
• Strong computer skills and experience with standard business software
• Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in second language desired
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Develop, organize and implement high quality YMCA programs for our diverse communities. Ensure a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Create, direct and schedule wellness classes and programs
• Create a member-engaged culture and model relationship-building skills in all interactions
• Design and implement new health and wellness programs
• Foster an environment of innovation and resolve problems to ensure member satisfaction
• Promote a diverse workforce; recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct personnel and volunteers as needed
• Review and evaluate staff performance, develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals
• Respond to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner
• Develop and monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives
• Establish new program activities and expand program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans
• Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations
• May review and process program scholarship applications
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations
• Coordinate use of facilities for program activities and events
• May organize events and/or represent the YMCA at community events
• Assist in YMCA fund raising activities and special events
• Assist with Program Committee meetings
• Compile program statistics
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in programs
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
Embrace Team Leader Core Competencies:
• Models and teaches the Y’s values
• Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives
• Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition
• Cultivates relationships to support fundraising
• Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives
• Builds relationships to create small communities
• Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict
• Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience
• Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support
• Provides others with frameworks for making decisions
• Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities
• Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team
• Effectively creates and manages budgets
• Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress
• Shares new insights
• Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change
• Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
360 653 9622
Submit application online via link below.
Next, email Cover Letter, Resume, & three professional references to:
Senior Program Director
with "Health & Wellness Director" in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.