|Lifeguard with $250 Bonus!*|
|Mill Creek YMCA|
|$13.69-$14.25 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Must be available for 5 days/week; if only available for summer/seasonal, must be available June 14- September 4. Hours needed: Mon-Fri 11am/1pm-8pm, Sat 8am-4pm|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 18
• Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards
• Current First Aid, CPRPRO (BLS), AED and O2 certifications
• Current YMCA Lifeguard or RLSS, CRC, ARC Lifeguard
• Ability to pass lifeguard water test (swim 500 yards, including 100 yards each of sidestroke, front crawl, breaststroke, sidestroke kick with one arm forward, and inverted breaststroke kick with arm on the stomach; tread water using legs only for at least 2 minutes; and swim underwater for 15 feet)
• Ability to perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a water rescue
• Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you!
The YMCA is hiring staff with all the above, plus imagine the lives you will impact in the process.
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Create a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Maintain constant surveillance of the pool area
• Know, review, and follow all emergency procedures and respond to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures, complete related reports as required
• Develop and maintain positive effective relationships with all including our diverse members, participants and other staff
• Know, understand, and consistently apply safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool/aquatic area
• Maintain accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code
• Perform equipment checks and ensure appropriate equipment is available as needed
• Check the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving
• Perform chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and take appropriate action
• Actively prevent and address suspected abuse
• Must be able to remain alert with no lapses in attentiveness
• Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods, able to move about including in/out of elevated chair
• Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals
• Ability to continuously scan all areas of the pool with clear vision
• Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
• Little to no experience needed. We will train you and pay you for your training time!
* $250 Bonus paid if you start work in June and work 90+ days with us.
425 224 8037
Apply online via link below.Apply Now