|KidZone/Family Engagement Coordinator with $250 Bonus!*|
|Mill Creek YMCA|
|Part-Time, 20-30 hours/week|
|$15.55-$17.49 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Hours vary: Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays|
|Preferred Start Date: August 2, 2021|
Education & Experience
• One or more years’ related experience preferred, as a coordinator or supervisor of programs
• Minimum age 21
• Prior supervisory & program development experience a plus
• Basic computer/typing skills and demonstrated ability to utilize standard office software
• Fluency in second language preferred
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you! We are looking for a community-oriented, relationship builder to help launch our Family Department at the Mill Creek Y! Duties will include working in KidZone, organizing Parent's Night Out/Family Nights, and leading a staff team. If interested, don't wait, apply now!
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on the results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Develop, organize, and implement high quality YMCA KidZone and family programs, including Parent's Night Out and Family Nights. Working in program ratio as needed. Create a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Ensures planning and implementation of age and developmentally appropriate activities in accordance with the Youth Development goals of the YMCA
• Responsible for the quality and completion of all program plans, including lesson, behavior and event plans
• Hires, trains, supervise and evaluate family staff/volunteers
• Review and evaluate staff performance, develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals
• Assist with planning and implementing staff meetings and organizing training
• Assure compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas
• Ensure YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed
• Ensures that site supplies are maintained and purchased as necessary
• Professionally engages with parents/guardians to provide pertinent information about their child’s experience and to promote upcoming programs
• Maintain proper records/department files and program statistics
• Encourages member involvement, identifies potential volunteers and assists with the Annual Campaign
• Assist with Program Committee meetings
• Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information
• May assist with developing and monitoring department budgets and ensuring that program fees are collected
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE individual YMCA membership (up to a value of $68/month) for all staff; and free upgraded family or couples membership after 2 years of continuous employment.
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
*$250 Bonus paid through September & once you work 90+ days with us.
425 357 3032
Apply online via link below.Apply Now