|Facility Engineer 2|
|$19.50-$24.50 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, 6:00am-2:30pm; 40 hours/week|
|Open until Filled|
Education & Experience
• Three+ years maintenance experience and practical knowledge of commercial building operations including Grounds, HVAC, mechanical, electrical, carpentry, low pressure boilers and pool / spa system operations
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
• Able to work effectively with the public, our membership and other staff members
• Able to work effectively with all outside contractors and vendors that support us
• Able to work effectively with from a variety of different maintenance activities including, but not limited to managed property assets, corrective and preventative building repairs and fitness equipment overhaul of all for a continued high level of quality
• Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, blueprints / plans and other documents pertinent to the day-to-day operations
• Ability to report, track and record all maintenance requests, both on the maintenance PC and tablet
• Ability to understand the safe use and handling of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and continue to compile new acquired SDS information for its safe operation
• Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties
• Able to lift/carry 50 pounds
• Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 32 feet
• Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms
• Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed
• Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust
• Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi- to full-reaching overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back
Maintain assigned areas, preform day-to day facility and equipment maintenance including corrective / preventative maintenance and repair, asset management, work with outside contractors and vendors, and provide training for assigned staff. Manage pool and pool equipment, manage Net Facilities work order system, HVAC system maintenance, oversee facility and grounds ensuring safety for members, staff and visitors, and other related responsibilities.
• Completes all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and assist in coordination of facility maintenance, including planning and developing preventative maintenance procedures
• Ensure the proper operation of all mechanical systems
• Complete repair work and projects in a timely manner
• Assist in overseeing contracted services that perform repairs to all related equipment
• Completes all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment
• Takes primary responsibility for corrective / preventive maintenance of major / minor repairs of equipment
• Assist with outside agencies such as fire, health, building depts., etc. to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds
• Assist with budget supporting preventative and annual maintenance plans and monitor expenditures
• Assist in review and evaluation of performance and assist to develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve intended goals
• Participate in the YMCA’s Campaigns to support program development
• Advise supervisor on potential maintenance issues and projects as requested
• Ensure that assigned vehicles (and other equipment) are well maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA
• Directs and trains staff in the proper preventative maintenance of workout equipment, including providing leadership and guidance for the preventative maintenance program.
• Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment
• Record and report all needed repairs; repairs as directed
• Ensure YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor
• Lead and promote efforts to ensure that YMCA services & programs are welcoming and inclusive to all individual and that staff and volunteers are reflective of the community’s diversity
• Develop and promote a learning organization culture among staff
• Completion of YMCA specific training/certifications as directed
• May set up furniture for events
• Works to support other team members on special projects throughout the county
• Performs other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
425 374 5757
Apply online via link below.Apply Now