|School-Age Child Care Site Coordinator|
|Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA|
|$21.00-$23.63 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Before and/or after school. Monday-Friday. Openings available 6-9am and 2-6:30pm plus office hours. Some weekend training days as scheduled/required.|
|Open until Filled|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 21
• Two or more years’ experience working with children in a developmentally appropriate group setting.
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by DCYF (Dept of Children, Youth and Families
o Have a high school diploma or equivalent;
o Complete thirty college credits in any one hundred-level or above college coursework or equivalent;
o Have completed at least twelve college credits in any one hundred-level or above college coursework or equivalent AND complete an additional eighteen college credits in any one hundred-level or above coursework or equivalent within five years of employment
• Provide document of all certification and training requirements established by DCYF, including position prerequisites, fully vaccinated for COVID-19/MMR/other required vaccinations*, current negative TB test, and portable background check
• Plan, organize, and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Fluency in second language desired
*medical or religious exemptions may be possible
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Directs the operations of the child care program in assigned location(s). Create a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with state and local regulations in addition to YMCA standards and procedures
• Train, evaluate and supervise assigned staff and volunteers, including ensuring required trainings are completed
• Coordinate with the program director to develop, prepare, and implement daily lesson and activity plans within the YMCA of Snohomish County and DEL guidelines
• Supervision of all children and related program area activities
• Regularly observes, schedules and completes evaluations for each child
• Maintain communication with parents, conduct regularly scheduled parent conferences, and engage parents as volunteers
• Maintain materials, equipment, and program facility
• Maintain required program records
• Performs other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
360 804 2176
Apply online via the link below.Apply Now