|CDL Bus Driver|
|Seasonal - Camp runs June 21-September 2 (trainings start before camp)|
|$19.50-$22.00 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, 20-40 hours per week, shifts/hours will vary between 6:30am-6:30pm|
|Preferred Start Date: June 1, 2022|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 21
• Desire and ability to work positively with participants
• Pre-employment current driver abstract required (available online through Dept. of Licensing)
• Minimum two years driving experience with clean driving record
• Possess Washington State driver’s license, class B CDL with appropriate endorsements, school bus driver authorization, and driver’s medical card
• Provide documentation of current negative TB test and portable background check if working in a licensed program
• Fluency in second language desired
• fully vaccinated for COVID-19*
*medical or religious exemptions may be possible
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you! The YMCA is hiring staff with all the above, plus imagine the lives you will impact in the process.
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Provide safe transportation to and from program sites and field trip destinations. When not driving: supervise a group of campers while on field trips, may be asked to facilitate activities. Assist with route planning and directions. May also provide support in other areas as assigned.
• Drive safely according to YMCA policies and procedures and state laws
• Ensure occupants, belongings and YMCA vehicle contents are adequately secured at all times
• Perform and record all checklist and maintenance responsibilities as required using approved forms including self-audits to ensure compliance with YMCA of Snohomish County safety requirements
• Ensure first aid, safety and emergency supplies are fully stocked at all times with documentation of inventory and immediate replacement of missing supplies
• Ensure that bus rules are posted, announced and followed
• Assist with route planning and directions
• Be a positive role model to campers and staff in your attitude and actions
• Role model Y core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring
• Work in ratio as camp counselor at Field trip locations, camp dependent
• Actively participate in all aspects of Y Summer Camps
• Positively communicate regularly with parents and other staff members to ensure child safety
• Support and follow all attendance and child accountability procedures set by YMCA staff
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Abilities to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques
• Completion of YMCA and DCYF specific training/certifications as directed
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
360 651 1603
Apply online via link below.Apply Now