|Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA|
|Seasonal - Camp runs June 21-September 3 (trainings start before camp)|
|$13.69-$14.25 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, up to 36 hours per week, shifts will vary, must be available for shifts between 6am-6:30pm.|
|Preferred Start Date: June 1, 2021|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 18
• Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc.
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you!
The YMCA is hiring staff with all the above, plus imagine the lives you will impact in the process.
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
YMCA Camps provide youth the opportunity to learn new skills, gain an appreciation for the outdoors, and explore the Puget Sound area, while experiencing achievement, relationships, and belonging. Camp Counselors provide direct supervision of a group of children in a seasonal day camp, and ensure a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring, through leading and participating in activities, games, and implementing camp curriculum.
• Actively supervise and provide safe supervision of a group of diverse children
• Implement camp program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values in order to meet the intended child outcomes
• Be a positive role model to children and staff in your attitude and actions
• Interact and engage with children in an age and developmentally appropriate manner, and use positive behavior guidance techniques
• Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Maintain positive relations with parents and other staff
• Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their children to have a successful camp experience
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE individual YMCA membership (up to a value of $68/month) for all staff; and free upgraded family or couples membership after 2 years of continuous employment.
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
360 804 2176
Apply online via link below.Apply Now