|Behavior Specialist with $250 Bonus!*|
|Everett YMCA, Mill Creek YMCA, Marysville YMCA, Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA, Mukilteo YMCA, Stanwood-Camano YMCA|
|$20.00-$23.00 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Split shift: Before and/or after school, Monday-Friday from 6:30-9am and/or 2:30-6:30pm; Hours & shifts vary by school location|
Education & Experience
Provide for youth success by supporting YMCA School-Age Child Care participants in maximizing their potential, to provide behavioral, educational, and social emotional counseling to individuals and small groups, and to assist youth in understanding and seeking solutions to social, emotional, or academic issues; serve as a resource for staff and families.
• B.A. or B.S. in social work, education, psychology, or related field services preferred
• MSW or MA/MS in social services desired
• Experience assisting students and families with mental health and social programs
• Experience and/or training with cultural and learning diversity
• The ability to speak and write Spanish is highly desirable
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on the results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
• Assist students in effectively analyzing and developing alternative solutions to behavioral, educational, social, and emotional concern
• Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal communication skills in a variety of situations and with a variety of audiences
• Understand and carry out oral and written directions with minimal accountability controls
• Inspire confidence and trust in others
• Provide conflict resolution and mediation support
• Conduct small group or individual counseling activities related to behavioral, personal, and social and emotional issues
• Assists in handling participant behavior management problems and in resolving concerns and personal issues. Follows up with staff to provide preventative measures.
• Coach staff in preventative behavior management and healthy response to escalated behavior issues
• Provides classroom/learning center guidance and techniques for successful behavior
• Provides short term, immediate participant crisis intervention and follow up consultation with parents
• Best practice in area of counseling/guidance programs and strategies that are developmentally appropriate, evidenced base, and support the overall comprehensive counseling model
• Principles, methods, techniques, strategies, and trends in educational, vocational, social, and emotional counseling
• Social service and youth service agencies in the local area
• Social, emotional, and behavioral characteristics of students
• Support participants with needs in mild to intermediate intervention
• Principles, goals and objectives of youth serving organizations
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
Embrace Team Leader Core Competencies:
• Models and teaches the Y’s values
• Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives
• Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition
• Cultivates relationships to support fundraising
• Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives
• Builds relationships to create small communities
• Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict
• Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience
• Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support
• Provides others with frameworks for making decisions
• Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities
• Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team
• Effectively creates and manages budgets
• Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress
• Shares new insights
• Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change
• Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE individual YMCA membership (up to a value of $68/month) for all staff; and free upgraded family or couples membership after 2 years of continuous employment.
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
*$250 Bonus paid if start work prior to December 31 and once you work 90+ days.
425 357 3049
Apply online via link below. Please specify your preferred location on the Job Application!Apply Now