|BBBS Case Manager - MentorU with $250 Bonus!*|
|Big Brothers Big Sisters|
|$15.55-$17.49 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, 8a-5p; some evenings & weekends as needed; flexibility required|
|Preferred Start Date: July 15, 2021|
Education & Experience
• Previous experience working with youth of diverse backgrounds preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in social services, psychology, or a related field
• Confidentiality agreement required, able to deal with sensitive material with proper discretion
• Experience with standard business software and office equipment
• Flexible work hours; some nights and weekends may be required
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Access to reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, auto insurance required
• Understanding of child development and family dynamics
• Understanding of issues/barriers that impact children and families from underserved populations
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you! The YMCA is hiring staff with all the above, plus imagine the lives you will impact in the process.
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
• Must be able to work well with other staff and deal with people tactfully
• Strong organizational skills and a high degree of accuracy are required at all times
• Able to effectively manage time and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Computer literacy required
• Fluency in second language preferred
• Demonstrated ability to present to a variety of audiences, including high school students, teachers, business partners and parents
• Able to work independently exercising good judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and via the telephone
Create and support successful matches between adult volunteers and children. Contact matches on scheduled basis to make sure they are in compliance with Agency and National Standards. Problem-solve as needed and offer support and encouragement to all match parties.
The MentorU Case Manager will influence college and career success by working with students, administrators, and community and corporate partners. He/she will connect students with positive adult mentors who can transform their futures. The Case Manager will also participate in recruiting, interviewing and training volunteer mentors and students. The Case Manager should possess the drive to meet or exceed first year goals and build capacity for future growth.
• Complete parent/guardian/child and volunteer orientation, interviews, and assessments
• Provide child/parent safety training
• Provide pre-match training and on-going volunteer training
• Create culturally appropriate matches between adult volunteer and child
• Maintain phone contact with match participants in compliance with Agency and National Standards
• Conduct annual evaluations with match participants in compliance with Agency and National Standards
• Provide support to maintain and enhance match quality by fostering communication, clarifying expectations and problem resolution
• Create Youth Outcome Development Plan for all youth once matched with a mentor
• Maintain accurate documentation of all contacts for case files
• Participate in all mandatory match activities and program events
• Plan and facilitate weekly MentorU class for mentees, including discussion of weekly curriculum.
• Organize and staff multiple large scale and multi-faceted mentor-mentee events (i.e. career workshops, museum visits, end-of-year events), overseeing all logistics, content, and budgets, including evening and weekend commitments.
• Identify the needs for and conduct outreach for new volunteers and children. Collaborate with program team to ensure enough volunteer mentors are secured to match each student enrolled.
• Perform enrollment processes for volunteer mentors and all students.
• Manage and support a caseload through entire process.
• Lead orientation and training sessions for teachers, volunteer mentors, families, students, and businesses.
• Maintain documentation to assure accountability, effectiveness, and efficiency.
• Collect data of clients enrolled to include outcomes, attendance, disciplinary issues, and grades.
• Develop and maintain on-going relationship between school staff and administration, designated corporate partners and Big Brothers Big Sisters, including regular communication and problem-solving.
• Serve as leader and role model for team and agency staff.
• Establish, monitor and meet goals for new match growth, match length, support contact compliance, and customer satisfaction.
• Coordinate with other departments to identify possible partners and partnerships, staff and promote agency events, and provide support for other efforts as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
*$250 Bonus paid if start work prior to September 30 and once you work 90+ days.
425 252 6522
Apply online via link below.Apply Now