|Assistant Swim Team Coach|
|$13.81-$15.66 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Tuesday-Friday afternoons, approx 8 hours/week|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 18
• Current First Aid, CPRPRO (BLS), AED and O2 certifications
• Safety Training for Swim Coaches or equivalency
• One year or more of swim team experience preferred
• Ability to teach proper competitive swimming techniques
• Knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills, and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner
• Knowledge of basic exercise
• Must be able to remain alert
• Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods
• Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals
• Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you! The YMCA is hiring staff with all the above, plus imagine the lives you will impact in the process.
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Provides competitive swimming instructions to swim team members in Age group, Senior, or Masters Programs. Organizes and conducts team workouts.
• Performs assigned coaching responsibilities, which may include practices, recruiting, record-keeping, and scheduling
• Recruits prospective members and provides information about YMCA membership and swim team fee structure
• Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures
• Completes incident and accident reports as necessary
• Assists with overseeing conduct of swim team members at meets and other team functions
• Attends swim meets and swim team functions as agreed upon with supervisor
• Maintains effective communication with participants and their parents
• Performs other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE individual YMCA membership (up to a value of $68/month) for all staff; and free upgraded family or couples membership after 2 years of continuous employment.
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
360 572 3405
Apply online via link below.Apply Now