|Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA|
|$52,744-$58,540 per year/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Must be available for a flexible schedule that includes early mornings, evenings, & weekends as needed|
|Open until Filled|
Education & Experience
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• One year or more previous direct supervisory experience
• Current First Aid, CPRPRO, AED and O2 certifications, trainer instructor preferred
• Current YMCA Lifeguard or RLSS, CRC, ARC Lifeguard, trainer instructor preferred
• Completion of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications
• Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities
• Strong computer skills and experience with standard business software
• Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Develops, organizes and implements high quality, member-focused YMCA aquatic programs. Ensure a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of our diverse community and fulfill YMCA objectives
• Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans
• Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations
• Promotes a diverse workforce; recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed
• Reviews and evaluates staff performance
• Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals
• Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete
• Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations
• Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools, maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance
• Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPRPro trainings
• Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices and meets
• Able to perform and backup lifeguarding and swim instructor jobs as needed
• Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information
• Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives
• May organize and/or represent the YMCA at community events
• Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events
• Models relationship-building using Listen First skills in all interactions
• Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner
• Assists with Program Committee meetings
• Compiles program statistics
• Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program
• Performs other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Completes required training and certifications within established guidelines
Embrace Team Leader Core Competencies:
• Models and teaches the Y’s values
• Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives
• Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition
• Cultivates relationships to support fundraising
• Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives
• Builds relationships to create small communities
• Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict
• Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience
• Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support
• Provides others with frameworks for making decisions
• Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities
• Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team
• Effectively creates and manages budgets
• Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress
• Shares new insights
• Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change
• Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
360 805 1879
Submit application via link below.
Next, email cover letter and resume, along with three professional references to:
Executive Director, Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA
with "Aquatics Director-Monroe" in the subject line.