|Active Older Adult Well-Being Instructor|
|$21.00-$23.63 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Thursdays at 11:30am; additional shifts may be available|
|Open Until Filled|
Education & Experience
• Current certification or license in areas of expertise, Group Exercise, Active Older Adults, etc
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Instruct group classes in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that welcomes people of all cultures, skills, and fitness levels. Effectively builds community within the class. Modify class as needed to meet varied health, ability and cultural needs.
• Leads energizing, fun, culturally sensitive, and educational group classes
• Uses effective listening skills with class participants to better understand the individuals goals related to health and well-being and how to support them in achieving those goals
• Current knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members
• Observes and adjusts approach to support all participants’ capabilities, physical conditions, health, and culture
• Celebrates achievement with class members related to individuals personal accomplishments, mastering of specific skills or overall health and well-being
• Connecting with participants, encourage Y membership and affinity groups
• Keeps accurate class attendance records
• Follows YMCA policies, practices and procedures; responds to emergency situations
• Performs other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE YMCA family membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
• Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
425 493 2414
Apply online via link below.Apply Now