|Youth Sports Director|
|$49,832-$53,248 per year/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Must be available for a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekend events|
|July 30, 2021|
Education & Experience
• Knowledge of & experience in a variety of sports, either teaching, coaching or playing/participating
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• One year or more previous direct supervisory experience
• Strong computer skills and experience with standard business software
• Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Develop, organize and implement high quality YMCA youth sports programs for our diverse participants. Ensure a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of our diverse community and fulfill YMCA objectives
• Expands youth sports program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans
• Secures and schedules athletic fields and facilities
• Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices; monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment as budget permits
• Creates teams from paid and financially assisted registrations
• Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings, and training and meetings for coaches
• Develops and distributes team practice and game schedules; trains and schedules sports officials; develops and distributes sports rules, guidelines and handbooks
• Purchases and distributes team uniforms and awards; coordinates and distributes
• Organizes and hosts season parties and events, promoting healthy eating and good nutrition
• Organizes and conducts sports clinics
• Assists in the marketing and distribution of youth sports program information
• May review and process program scholarship applications
• Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations
• Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events
• Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner
• May assist with Program Committee meetings
• Compiles program statistics
• Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Builds relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibits Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Completes required training and certifications within established guidelines
Embraces Team Leader Core Competencies
• Models and teaches the Y’s values
• Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives
• Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition
• Cultivates relationships to support fundraising
• Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives
• Builds relationships to create small communities
• Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict
• Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience
• Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support
• Provides others with frameworks for making decisions
• Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities
• Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team
• Effectively creates and manages budgets
• Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress
• Shares new insights
• Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change
• Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology, training and certifications within established guidelines
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
425 493 2408
Apply online via link below.
Then, email Resume and Cover Letter to:
Senior Program Director
with "Youth Sports Director-Mukilteo" in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.