|Youth Sports Coordinator with $250 Bonus!*|
|$15.55-$17.49 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Must be available for a flexible schedule that includes nights & weekends; 40 hours/week|
|November 30, 2021|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 21
• One year or more experience as a coordinator or supervisor of programs
• Basic computer skills/knowledge required
• Fluency in second language preferred
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Develop, organize, and implement high quality YMCA Youth Sports programs for our diverse participants. Working in program ratio as needed, creating a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Manage, direct and coordinate programs for assigned location(s)
• Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct personnel and volunteers as needed
• Review and evaluate staff performance, develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals
• Ensure program operates within budget and that program fees are collected
• Assure compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas
• Ensure YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed
• Provide for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment
• Maintain relationships with parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs
• Maintain proper records/department files
• Organize special events for participants
• Assist in YMCA fund raising activities
• Assist with Program Committee meetings
• Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information
• Compile program statistics
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program
• Performs other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
*$250 Bonus paid if start work prior to December 31 and once you work 90+ days.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
360 651 1607
Apply online via link below.Apply Now