|Youth Sports Assistant|
|$13.69-$14.25 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Weeknights & Saturdays; 15-20 hours per week|
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
· Experience working with children/families
· Minimum age 18
· Fluency in second language preferred
· Ability to exercise sensitivity in dealing with individuals of diverse socio-economic backgrounds, cognitive and physical abilities as well as individuals of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
· Knowledge of a variety of sports, rules, & regulations – soccer, basketball, t-ball, flag football, volleyball, etc
· Passion for playing and teaching sports
Provide direct supervision of participants in a safe, enjoyable, positive and inclusive environment that welcomes participants of all skill and activity level. Provide a quality experience to participants focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
• Provide safe supervision of participants
• Implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values
• Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Develop and maintain positive effective relationships with our diverse members, participants and other staff
• Builds rapport and relates well with others
·• Completion of YMCA specific training/certification as directed
• Perform other duties as assigned
As directed, lead and participate in a range of activities in indoor/outdoor settings. Staff may occasionally lift children who weigh approximately 50 pounds. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise program activities. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE individual YMCA membership (up to a value of $68/month) for all staff; and free upgraded family or couples membership after 2 years of continuous employment.
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
360 629 9622
Submit application via link below.