|Youth Sports Assistant/Referee|
|Mill Creek YMCA|
Days & Hours:
|Weeknights after 4pm and Saturdays required|
• Minimum age 16
• Must complete the YMCA Youth Sports Official’s Training Program
The Youth Sports Assistant/Referees assist the Sports Director in the safe operation of YMCA Sports practices and league games and responsible for creating a great practice and game day experience for participants, volunteers, and families.
• Provide safe supervision of participants
• Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Develop and maintain positive effective relationships with players, coaches, and parents by interacting with them before, during, and after each game/practice.
• Wear staff uniform and name tag, or professional attire when appropriate.
• Step in to coach a team, if a volunteer coach is absent or needs assistance
• Provide exemplary customer service to all parents, players, spectators, and coaches
• Act as the liaison between the Sports Department and volunteers, parents and players.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
• Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
• Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
• Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships.
425 337 3022
Apply onlineApply Now