|Youth and Teens Program Director|
|Youth & Teen|
|$18.81 to $21.16 per hour, DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Tuesday through Saturday, 40 Hours Per Week, Shift Hours Varies|
|Open until filled|
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, recreation, business or equivalent a plus
• Experience with directing programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fund-raising. Ability to organize, and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming
• Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
• Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of our diverse community and fulfill YMCA objectives
• Expands youth programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans, including youth sports and summer camps.
• Responsible for all aspects of program administration: recruitment, registration, scheduling, supplies, and facility rentals.
• Organizes and conducts orientation meetings, trainings and meetings for coaches
• Develops and distributes team practice and game schedules; trains and schedules sports officials; develops and distributes sports rules, guidelines and handbooks
• Purchases and distributes team uniforms and awards; coordinates and distributes
• Organizes and hosts season parties and events, promoting healthy eating and good nutrition
• Develop and monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives
• Directs, organizes, conducts and supervises program activities and events
• Coordinates and monitors teen summer camps
• Secures facilities for program activities and events
• Promotes a diverse workforce; recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed
• Reviews and evaluates staff performance, develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals
• Establishes new culturally appropriate program activities and expands program within the community
• Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations
• May review and process program scholarship applications
• Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations
• Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives
• May organize and/or represent the YMCA at community events
• Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events
• Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner
• Assists with Program Committee meetings
• Compiles program statistics
• Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program
• Performs other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to lead and participate in a range of activities. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations (depending upon the program). While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To Apply, Please Use the: "Apply Now" Button, Below.
Then Email Your Resume, Cover Letter and a Minimum of 3 References, with: "Director Position" in the Subject Line to:
Branch Executive Director
No phone calls, please.