|Health & Wellness|
|$15.00-$16.25 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Tuesday-Friday, 2-8pm; 10-20 hours/week|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 18
• Basic understanding of anatomy
• Ability to teach safe and proper strength training techniques
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you!
The YMCA is hiring staff with all the above, plus imagine the lives you will impact in the process.
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Provide quality service to our diverse members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures. Educate and enforce proper strength training principles and weight room guidelines to members.
• Conduct energizing, fun, culturally sensitive, and educational orientation for participants
• Current knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members
• Keep accurate attendance records
• Follow YMCA policies, practices and procedures; respond to emergency situations
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE YMCA family membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
360 629 9622
Submit application via link below.Apply Now