|Wellness Coach and Personal Trainer|
|Health & Wellness|
|$13.50 to $14.25 per hour DOE for Wellness Coaching $20.69 to $23.28 per hour DOE for Personal Training|
Days & Hours:
|Monday - Friday 9 AM to 1 PM (20 hours per week)|
• Minimum age18
• Fluency in Spanish desired but not required
• Ability to teach safe and proper strength training techniques
• Nationally recognized Personal Trainer certification
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Fluency in second language desired
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Wellness Coach: Provide quality service to our diverse members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures. Educate and enforce proper strength training principles and weight room guidelines to members.
Personal Trainer: Instruct individuals; provide quality service to members in culturally appropriate ways and responsive to our member’s diverse abilities, contribute to an enjoyable and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Lead and conduct energizing, fun, culturally appropriate, and educational sessions
• Current knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members
• Keep accurate session attendance records
• Follow YMCA policies, practices and procedures; respond to emergency situations
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
Submit Cover Letter, Application, and Resume with three professional references to:
Health & Wellness Director
Optional: with “Job Position” in the subject line