|Teen Lead with $250 Bonus!*|
|Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA|
|Youth & Teen|
|$13.81-$15.66 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday between 1-6pm; occasional weekends as needed; 25 hours/week|
|Preferred Start Date: September 8, 2021|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 21
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Ability to coach and lead staff
• Ability to plan, organize, and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming
• Supervise youth and activities in program area
• Clean driving record
• Basic computer skills/knowledge required
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
• First Aid, CPRPRO, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire
• Work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions
• Knowledge of computers, video games, and photography preferred
• Fluency in second language preferred
Ability to lead and participate in a range of activities in outdoor/indoor settings. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise program activities. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Create a safe, culturally appropriate and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures. Provide direction for the program and staff. May create staff schedules and provide department administrative support as needed.
• Supervise the participants and all activities
• Maintain effective relationships with participants, members, and staff
• Design and implement culturally responsive activity plans
• Provide department administrative support, maintain required program records
• Maintain program site and equipment
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE individual YMCA membership (up to a value of $68/month) for all staff; and free upgraded family or couples membership after 2 years of continuous employment.
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
• Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
*$250 Bonus paid if start work prior to September 30 and once you work 90+ days.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
360 805 1879
Apply online via link below.