|Youth & Teen|
|$13.50-$14.75 per hour, DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday through Friday|
Education & Experience
· Minimum age 18 years old
· Fluency in second language is desired
Provide direct supervision of our diverse participants. Provide a quality experience to participants focused on YMCA core values: Honesty, respect, responsibility and caring.
· Provide safe supervision of participants
· Implement program activities in a manner that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values
· Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
· Follow YMCA policies, practices and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
· Maintain positive relations with participants and other staff
· Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
· Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
· Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
· Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
· Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Embrace Leader Core Competencies:
· Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values
· Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs
· Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them
· Supports fundraising
· Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinion, and perceptions
· Builds rapport and relates well to others
· Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations
· Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively
· Takes initiative to assist in developing others
· Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another
· Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience
· Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings
· Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately
· Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members
· Pursues self-development that enhances job performance
· Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process
· Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships
· Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-the-date knowledge and skills in technology
Physical and Mental Demands: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
As directed, lead and participate in a range of activities in outdoor/indoor settings. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise program. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex problems; may use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with members, staff, volunteers, and others encountered in the course of work, some of whom may be dissatisfied individuals.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Typically interaction with others is busy, constant and occasionally interruptive. Work may be demanding at times. May require ability to work irregular hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job descriptions represent a general outline of job duties, functions and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve over time and therefore their description may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point in time.
To Apply, Please Use the: "Apply Now" Button, Below.
Then Email Your Resume, Cover Letter and a Minimum of 3 References, with: "Teen Assistant Position" in the Subject Line to:
Branch Executive Director
No phone calls, please.