|Mill Creek YMCA|
|Youth & Teen|
Days & Hours:
|10-20 hours per week, Must be available Monday – Friday after 3pm and occasional Saturday|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 18
• Previous experience working with youth
• First Aid, CPRPRO, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire
• Work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions
• Knowledge of computers, video games, and photography preferred
• Fluency in second language preferred
Ability to plan, lead, and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings. Must be able to swim, hike and stand for periods of time. Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
Supervision and instruction of youth ages 8-18 in various programs throughout the school year. Primary area of work will be in the Youth Development Center (aka Teen Center) after school with occasional late night and weekend opportunities.
• Provide safe supervision of a group of children
• Plan and implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values in order to meet the intended participant outcomes.
• Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
• Attend staff meetings and trainings
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
• Maintain positive relations with parents and other staff.
• Completion of YMCA specific training/certifications as directed.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
425 357 3034
Submit Cover Letter, Application, and Resume with three professional references to:
Youth and Teen Program Director
Please include “Teen Assistant” in the subject line