|$13.69-$14.25 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Must be available Monday-Friday, 3:30-6:30pm and Saturday, 9am-noon|
• Minimum age 16
• Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards
• Current First Aid, CPRPRO, AED and O2 certifications
• Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques
• Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child (50 pounds)
• YMCA Swim Instructor certification or equivalent preferred
• Fluency in second language desired
Provide direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes/programs.
• Instruct swimming lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly
• Develop and maintain positive effective relationships with our diverse members, participants and other staff
• Provide motivational support and guidance
• Encourage member and parent involvement and recruit potential volunteers
• Convey information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers members and participants to other programs
• Maintain records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.)
• Know, review, and follow all emergency procedures and respond to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures, complete related reports as required
• Organize and puts away needed class equipment, report damaged equipment
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE individual YMCA membership (up to a value of $68/month) for all staff; and free upgraded family or couples membership after 2 years of continuous employment.
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
425 493 2405
Apply online via link below.Apply Now