|Summer Camp Lead|
|Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA|
|Seasonal - Camp runs June 22-September 4 (trainings start before camp)|
Days & Hours:
|Up to 40 hrs/wk Monday-Friday - Hours will vary, must be available 6:30am-6:30pm. Overnight campouts may apply. Group Interviews will take place March 21st and May 9th from 10am-1pm at the Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA.|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 18
• Able to complete and provide documentation of all certification and training requirements within 30 days of hire.
• Ability to plan, lead, and participate in a range of activities in a variety of indoor/outdoor settings.
• Desire and ability to work with children in a camp setting
Camp Leads provide direct supervision of a group of diverse children in a seasonal day camp, support and lead camp counselors during off site trips and in implementing curriculum, and ensure a safe, quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring, through leading and participating in activities, games, and implementing camp curriculum.
• Plan and implement camp activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values
• Attend staff meetings and trainings
• Be a positive role model to children and staff in your attitude and actions
• Comply with state and local regulations as well as YMCA standards and procedures
• Provide supervision of campers while campers are transported to and from camp or during scheduled field trips off of camp property
• Interact and engage with children in an age and developmentally appropriate manner, and use positive behavior guidance techniques
• Actively participate in all aspects of summer camp
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Maintain positive relationships with parents and other staff. Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their children to have a successful camp experience
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
360 804 2176
Group Interviews will take place Saturday, March 21st and Saturday, May 9th from 10am-1pm at the Monroe/Sky Valley Family YMCA.