|Summer Camp Counselors & Directors|
|Seasonal - June 24-August 30 (trainings start before camp)|
Days & Hours:
|M-F 30-40 hours depending on position|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 17
• Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc.
• Fluency in second language desired
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
YMCA Camps provide youth the opportunity to learn new skills, gain an appreciation for the outdoors, and explore the Puget Sound area, while experiencing achievement, relationships, and belonging. Camp Counselors provide direct supervision of a group of children in a seasonal day camp, and ensure a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
We are currently hiring for the following Summer Camps: Specialty Camp, Summer Discovery Camp, Venture Camp, Mini Camp, Sports Camp, Before & After Camp Care. Please see ymca-snoco.org/camp for specific camp descriptions.
• Actively supervise and provide safe supervision of a group of diverse children
• Implement camp program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values in order to meet the intended child outcomes
• Be a positive role model to children and staff in your attitude and actions
• Interact and engage with children in an age and developmentally appropriate manner, and use positive behavior guidance techniques
• Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Maintain positive relations with parents and other staff
• Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their children to have a successful camp experience
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
425 493 9622
Group interviews will take place April 20, 9:30-12 at the Mukilteo YMCA, RSVP required