|Summer Camp Counselor – Extended Care|
|Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA|
|Camp runs June 24-August 30 (trainings start before camp)|
Days & Hours:
|Up to 40 hrs/wk Monday-Friday - Hours will vary must be available 6:15am-6:30pm. Overnight campouts may apply.|
|Group Interviews will take place Saturday, March 30th and Saturday, April 20th from 10am-12pm at the Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA.|
Education & Experience
• Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc.
• Fluency in second language desired
Minimum age 18
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Are you ready for an exciting summer utilizing your leadership and people skills?
YMCA Camp counselors are invaluable staff members who spend their entire day with a group of campers. They are role models who assist and motivate campers whether they are learning a new skill or they have a concern about an issue or idea. Throughout the day YMCA Camp Counselors monitor and participate in activities with their small group of 10-15 campers. As a YMCA Camp Counselor you will do everything in your power to make each of your campers’ summer the most memorable yet! YMCA Camp Counselors must be fun loving, patient and genuinely concerned for the welfare and development of young people.
• Actively supervise and provide safe supervision of a group of diverse children
• Implement camp program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values in order to meet the intended child outcomes
• Be a positive role model to children and staff in your attitude and actions
• Interact and engage with children in an age and developmentally appropriate manner, and use positive behavior guidance techniques
• Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Maintain positive relations with parents and other staff
• Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their children to have a successful camp experience
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
360 804 2176
Apply onlineApply Now