|Spanish Speaking Swim Instructor|
|Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA|
|$14.25 per hour to start|
Education & Experience
Fluency in Spanish is Required.
Minimum age of 16 years old.
• Minimum age 16
• Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards
• Current First Aid, CPRPRO(BLS), AED and O2 certifications
• Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques
• Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child (50 pounds)
• YMCA Swim Instructor certification or equivalent preferred
Physical and Mental Demands: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Instruct swimming lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly
• Develop and maintain positive effective relationships with our diverse members, participants and other staff
• Provide motivational support and guidance
• Encourage member and parent involvement and recruit potential volunteers
• Convey information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers members and participants to other programs
• Maintain records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.)
• Know, review, and follow all emergency procedures and respond to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures, complete related reports as required
• Organize and puts away needed class equipment, report damaged equipment
• Perform other duties as assigned
To Apply, Submit Cover Letter, Application, and Resume with three Professional References to: