|Skateboarding & Teen Director|
|Youth & Teen|
|$49,832-$51,000 per year/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Must be available for a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekend events|
|May 17, 2021|
Education & Experience
• Experience creating skate or scooter programs for youth as well as ability to skate or scoot at a high level
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• One year or more previous direct supervisory experience
• Strong computer skills and experience with standard business software
• Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Develop, organize and implement high quality YMCA skateboarding, scooter and teen program(s) for our diverse participants. Ensure a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Direct, organize, conduct and supervise 20,000 square foot outdoor skate park, and create program activities and events for teens year round when the park is closed
• Coordinate and monitor teen summer camps
• Promote a diverse workforce; recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct personnel and volunteers as needed
• Review and evaluate staff performance, develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals
• Establish new culturally appropriate program activities and expand program within the community
• Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations
• May review and process program scholarship applications
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations
• Develop and monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives
• May organize and/or represent the YMCA at community events
• Assist in YMCA fund raising activities and special events
• Respond to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner
• Assist with Program Committee meetings
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
425 493 2416
Apply online via link below.
Next, email Resume & Cover Letter to:
Mukilteo Branch Executive Director
with "Skate & Teen Director" in the subject line.