|Senior Director of Childcare|
|Mill Creek YMCA|
|$52,744-$58,577 per year/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Must be available for a flexible schedule, typically within Monday-Friday from 6am-6pm|
|Open until Filled; Preferred Start Date: January 17, 2022|
Education & Experience
• Four or more years’ related experience supervising staff and managing child care programs
• Minimum age 21
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by Department of Child Youth and Families (DCYF).
• Provide document of all certification and training requirements established by DCYF, including position prerequisites, current negative TB test, Covid-19 Vaccination*, MMR Vaccination or Antibody, and portable background check
• Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Plan, organize, and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming
• Strong computer skills and experience with standard business software
• Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in second language desired
*religious or medical exemptions may be possible
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
The Senior Director of Childcare is responsible for ensuring the successful operation of all facets of School Age Child Care at the Mill Creek Family Branch, including curriculum, quality standards, outcomes and measurements, staffing, training and development, program development, community relations and collaborations, with a focus on growth and expansion. Ensure a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures. School Age Childcare programs at Mill Creek include before and after school programs serving two school districts and summer learning Discovery Camps and Ready, Set, Go.
• Manages, directs and coordinates the child care programs for Mill Creek Family Branch
• Ensures high quality programs and establishes new program activities
• Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans
• Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed
• Reviews and evaluates staff performance
• Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals
• Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position
• Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected
• Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality
• Assures compliance with federal, state and local regulations as they relate to program areas, including ADA accommodations where appropriate
• Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed
• Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living
• Develops and maintains relationships with state child care licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs
• Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner
• Provides staff leadership for annual fund raising campaign and committees as assigned
• Maintains proper records/department files
• Organizes special events for parents
• Assists in YMCA fund raising activities
• Assists with Program Committee meetings
• Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information
• Compiles program statistics
• Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program
• Performs other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
Embrace Multi-Team Leader Core Competencies:
• Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community
• Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the Ys efforts for all stakeholders
• Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels
• Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors
• Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community
• Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the Y
• Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance the Y’s mission and goals
• Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals
• Provides tools and resources for the development of others
• Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions
• Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities
• Ensures execution of plans
• Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies, and financial controls
• Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement
• Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches
• Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change
• Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
425 357 3031
Submit application online via link below.
Next, email Cover Letter, Resume, & three professional references to:
Executive Director, Mill Creek Family YMCA
with 'Senior Director of Childcare' in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.