|School Age Driver Lead With $250 Bonus!*|
|Mill Creek YMCA|
|$14.50-$16.00/hour, depending upon experience|
Days & Hours:
|Monday through Friday, before and after school|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 21
• Pre-employment current driver abstract required (available online through Department of Licensing)
• Minimum two years driving experience with clean driving record
• Possess appropriate license with knowledge of the rules/guidelines related to commercial passenger vehicles
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by DCYF (Department of Children, Youth and Families)
• Have a high school diploma or equivalent
• For Early learning programs: Have completed ECE certificate or equivalent within five years of employment
• For School age programs: Have completed twelve college credits in any one hundred-level or above college coursework, or complete twelve college credits within five years of employment
• Complete and provide documentation of all certification and training requirements established by DCYF, including position prerequisites, current negative TB test, and portable background check
• Plan, organize, and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming
• Fluency in second language preferred
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Provide safe transportation to and from program sites and field trip destinations while maintaining a supportive and positive atmosphere. When not driving: Provide direct supervision of a group of children in a before and after school age program. Implement program curriculum in a safe, enjoyable, positive and inclusive environment.
• Drive safely according to YMCA policies and procedures and state laws
• Ensure occupants, belongings and YMCA vehicle contents are adequately secured at all times
• Perform and record all checklist and maintenance responsibilities as required using approved forms including self-audits to ensure compliance with YMCA of Snohomish County safety requirements
• Ensure first aid, safety and emergency supplies are fully stocked at all times with documentation of inventory and immediate replacement of missing supplies
• Ensure that bus rules are posted, announced and followed
• Assist with route planning and directions
• Implement daily lesson and activity plans in culturally relevant and developmentally appropriate ways.
• Actively supervise a group of children to ensure their health and safety and to provide for a positive experience for each child.
• Support children in learning social-emotional skills for a successful future.
• Professionally communicates day-to-day, confidential and evaluative information with parents/guardians.
• Actively participate in continuous improvement planning through program quality initiatives.
• Maintain materials, equipment, and program facility
• May prepare and serve snacks. Cleans snack area.
• Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Embrace Team Leader Core Competencies
• Models and teaches the Y’s values
• Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives
• Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition
• Cultivates relationships to support fundraising
• Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives
• Builds relationships to create small communities
• Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict
• Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience
• Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support
• Provides others with frameworks for making decisions
• Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities
• Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team
• Effectively creates and manages budgets
• Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress
• Shares new insights
• Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change
• Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to safely drive a vehicle for long periods of time. Ability to respond effectively in emergency situations. Visual and auditory functions with physical reflexes necessary to identify and respond to all hazards. As directed, lead and participate in a range of activities in indoor/outdoor settings. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise program activities. Staff may be required to move weights of approximately 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex problems; may use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with members, staff, volunteers, and others encountered in the course of work, some of whom may be dissatisfied individuals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Typically interaction with others is busy, constant and occasionally interruptive. Work may be demanding at times. May require ability to work irregular hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job descriptions represent a general outline of job duties, functions and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve over time and therefore their description may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point in time.
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE individual YMCA membership (up to a value of $68/month) for all staff; and free upgraded family or couples membership after 2 years of continuous employment.
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
• Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
*$250 Bonus paid if start work prior to September 30 and once you work 90+ days.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Apply online via link below.Apply Now