|School-Age Child Care Senior Director|
|$4091 per month|
Days & Hours:
|Must be available some days between 6:15 am – 6:30pm, Monday – Friday, able to work a split shift on occasion. Available occasional evenings/weekends for meetings & trainings.|
• Four or more years’ related experience supervising staff and managing child care programs
• Minimum age 21
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by Dept of Early Learning (DEL)
• Provide document of all certification and training requirements established by DEL, including position prerequisites, current negative TB test, and portable background check
• Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Plan, organize, and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming
• Strong computer skills and experience with standard business software
• Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in second language desired
The Mukilteo YMCA seeks a Senior Program Director to advance our mission through running high-quality School Age Care and licensed Summer Camp. The Senior Program Director is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, management, and supervision of age- and developmentally-appropriate programs for children in five school age sites and licensed Discovery Camp.
1. Develop, implement, and supervise the School Age Care and Summer Discovery Camp curriculum with age and developmentally appropriate activities to be used for all SACC/Camp programs. Ensure that the curriculum is in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the YMCA and teaches the Character Values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Keep current with and integrate programming that enriches participant experiences including those that utilize STEM and learning loss prevention activities. Collaborate with schools to keep consistency for participants in homework support and school expectations (Common Core and school behavior guidance plans, for example). Ensure that the programs are of high quality and standards and meet the needs of the children and families we serve. Ensure that all school age sites and programs are in compliance with state regulations and meet YMCA best practices.
2. Interview, hire and train qualified staff in accordance with state regulations and YMCA standards. Schedule, supervise, and support all School-Age Site Coordinators, Site Assistants, Camp Directors, Camp Assistants, and our School Age Care Registrar & Business Services Coordinator. Be responsible for locating substitutes at school age programs and filling in when needed. Monitor staff hours to ensure compliance with budget and completion of department tasks. Also be responsible for site phones, payroll, and annual reviews. Conduct annual reviews. Meet with school age staff weekly regarding school sites, staff, and curriculum. Schedule monthly meetings with site-supervisors. Visit all sites on a regular basis. Maintain a visitation log and record observations. Follow up on any needed improvements. Monitor any issues that require conversations or meetings or other follow up with parents.
3. Work closely with school administrators and personnel within the school district; send monthly emails or phone calls to keep communication lines open. Ensure compliance of YMCA and District Agreement. Also, monitor district/school websites. Participate in "Back to School Nights", "PTA/PTO Meetings", and other school/district and community events to show support as well as promote the Mukilteo Family YMCA.
4. Ensure maximization of direct revenue and DSHS reimbursement. Monitor the budget for school age programs; inventory, ordering and distributing of supplies, equipment, snacks, etc. for each program), as well as submitting necessary reports for the state. Ensure that budget terms are met by set deadlines.
6. Attend regular meetings with Supervisor, updating on all site, staff, and branch items. Maintain a professional manner at all times with children, parents, co-workers, and community. Act in accordance with the YMCA philosophy, school age goals, program objectives, and our policies and procedures. Attend staff meetings, training programs, and other YMCA and school functions. Continue professional development by attending meetings, trainings, workshops, etc.
7. Assist in the planning of special events; Healthy Kids Day, Annual Campaign, etc., and attend Community Activities to increase awareness and promote programs.
8. Actively participate in the Annual Campaign; recruit volunteers to form a team; encourage, assist, and support all volunteers; attend all scheduled Annual Campaign meetings, Kick-Off, Victory Celebration, and September Casino Road Community Celebration.
9. Assume or perform any other duties deemed necessary
425 493 2416
Submit Cover Letter and Resume with three professional references to:
425 493 2416
with “School-Age Care Senior Program Director” in the subject line