|School-Age Child Care Director|
|$49,832-$53,248 per year/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Must be available for a flexible schedule, typically within Monday-Friday from 6:30am-6:30pm|
|December 9, 2021|
Education & Experience
• Four or more years related experience supervising staff and managing child care programs, college degree in related field preferred
• Minimum age 21
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by DCYF
• Valid WA State driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
• Provide document of all certification and training requirements established by DCYF, including position prerequisites, fully vaccinated for COVID-19/MMR/other required vaccinations*, current negative TB test, and portable background check
• First Aid, CPRPRO, AED and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire
• Ability to plan, organize, and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming
• Basic computer skills/knowledge required
• Fluency in second language preferred
• Ability to exercise sensitivity in dealing with individuals of diverse socio-economic backgrounds, cognitive and physical abilities as well as individuals of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
*medical or religious exemptions may be possible
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
• First Aid, CPRPRO, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire
• Work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions
Ability to lead and participate in a range of activities in outdoor/indoor settings. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise program activities. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The Mukilteo YMCA seeks a School-Age Child Care Director to advance our mission through running high-quality School Age Care and licensed Summer Camp programs. The School-Age Child Care Director is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, management, and supervision of age- and developmentally-appropriate programs for children in four school-age sites and licensed Discovery Camp.
• Manage, direct, coordinate and ensure high quality child care program(s) and youth program(s) through innovative program development and evaluation for assigned location(s)
• Expand and establish new program activities within the community in accordance with strategic and operation plans
• Hire, train, evaluate and supervise assigned staff and volunteers, including ensuring required are completed
• Develop, manage and control department budgets related to the position
• Ensure compliance with state and local regulations in addition to YMCA program standards and procedures
• Provide for upkeep of assigned program facilities, equipment and ensure all safety standards are met
• Maintain relationships with state child care licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs
• Provide staff leadership for annual campaign, committees and activities as assigned
• Maintain proper records, statistics and department files
• Assist with parent communication and volunteer development through the organization of special events and attendance at Program Committee Meetings
• Ensure sufficient marketing and distribution of program information and materials that meet YMCA standards
• Completion of required trainings and certifications
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
425 493 2416
Apply online via link below.
Next, submit Cover Letter and Resume with three professional references to:
Executive Director, Mukilteo Family YMCA
with “School-Age Child Care Director” in the subject line.