|School-Age Child Care Assistant|
|Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA|
|$13.69-$14.25 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday; Hours will vary based on school/branch. Must be available for shifts between 6:30am-6:30 pm.|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 18
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by Dept of Children, Youth, & Families (DCYF)
• Provide document of all certification and training requirements established by DCYF, including position prerequisites, current negative TB test, and portable background check
• Fluency in second language desired
• First Aid, CPRPRO, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire.
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
• Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of indoor/outdoor settings.
• Work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
Provide direct supervision of a group of children in a safe, enjoyable, positive and inclusive environment.
• Supervise all children and activities within the program area
• Implement daily lesson and activity plans
• Comply with state and local regulations as well as YMCA standards and procedures
• Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
• Attend and participate in family events, program activities, and staff meetings as directed
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Maintain positive relations with participants, parents and other staff
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE individual YMCA membership (up to a value of $68/month) for all staff; and free upgraded family or couples membership after 2 years of continuous employment.
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
425 312 6960
Apply online via link below.