|School-Age Care Program Coordinator|
|Mill Creek YMCA|
|$19.00-$21.16 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week, usually from 9a-5p; must be available between 6:30am-6:30pm to fill in for shifts as needed|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 21
• One or more years’ related experience supervising staff and managing child care programs
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by DCYF (Dept. of Children, Youth and Families): 30 college credits in approved school-age credits or 20 college credits and 100 clock hours of related community training
• Provide document of all certification and training requirements established by DCYF, including position prerequisites, current TB test, and portable background check. Or completion within 90 days.
• Experience planning, organizing, and implementing high quality developmentally appropriate programming
• Basic computer/typing skills and demonstrated ability to utilize standard office software
• Fluency in second language desired
Direct the development and operations of the School Age Care program(s) in the assigned locations as directed meeting the needs of our diverse community. Fulfill all responsibilities of all School Age Care positions while working in program ratio. Ensure a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Maintain proper staffing structure for assigned School Age Care programs including staff schedules, recruitment and hiring of new staff.
• Maintain department timecards through HR system.
• Manage, direct, coordinate and ensure high quality school age care program(s) through innovative program development and evaluation for assigned location(s)
• Expand and establish new program activities within the community in accordance with strategic and operation plans
• Ensure compliance with state and local regulations in addition to YMCA standards and procedures
• Assist with training, evaluations and supervision of assigned staff and volunteers, including ensuring required trainings are completed.
• Assist with budget development and manage and control department expenses
• Provide for upkeep of assigned program facilities, equipment and ensure all safety standards are met
• Maintain relationships with state licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs
• Provide staff leadership for annual campaign, committees and activities as assigned
• Maintain proper records, statistics and department files
• Assist with parent communication and volunteer development through the organization of special events
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
Embrace Team Leader Core Competencies:
• Models and teaches the Y’s values
• Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives
• Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition
• Cultivates relationships to support fundraising
• Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives
• Builds relationships to create small communities
• Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict
• Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience
• Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support
• Provides others with frameworks for making decisions
• Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities
• Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team
• Effectively creates and manages budgets
• Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress
• Shares new insights
• Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change
• Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology
425 357 3028
Submit application online via link below.
Email cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Senior Director of School Age Care
with 'School-Age Program Coordinator' in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.